Episode 7: How Shark Tank Changes Your Product and Your Life with Cheryl Rigdon
How Shark Tank Changes Your Product and Your Life with Cheryl Rigdon
In this episode, we meet Cheryl Rigdon who is the creator of Spatty and the owner of Rigdon Creative Solutions, LLC. Cheryl speaks about her background and the inspiration behind her product, the Spatty. Cheryl was lucky enough to make it on Shark Tank and although she didn’t secure a deal with any of the sharks, the experience did result in a mentor relationship with Daymond John! We chat about how she got the opportunity to be on Shark Tank and what life was like after her big TV appearance. Later, we talk about navigating obstacles on your entrepreneurial journey, and Cheryl advises aspiring inventors.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:50] About Cheryl Rigdon and the inspiration behind her product, the Spatty.
- [05:55] Cheryl talks about the process of getting on Shark Tank, and her experience with the sharks.
- [12:30] What it was like finding someone to manufacture the Spatty before Cheryl showed up for Shark Tank.
- [22:15] Cheryl has faced many roadblocks over the past few years. She speaks about how to navigate adversity on your entrepreneurial journey.
- [27:45] The Spatty has allowed Cheryl to spend more time with her family; dreams do come true!
- Treat all communication as a business opportunity; you never know which relationships will open the right door for you.
- Use your hustle, kindness, grace, and passion on your entrepreneurial journey.
- If you have the resources to help somebody or the means to help somebody; do it!
- There's a lot of hustle before the flow; you may end up working for several years before you can pay yourself.
Cheryl Rigdon is the creator of Spatty and the owner of Rigdon Creative Solutions, LLC. Cheryl has a Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology and an Undergraduate Degree in Special Education. Before Cheryl invented Spatty and founded Rigdon Creative Solutions, LLC she worked full time as a Speech and Language Pathologist and she continued working full time as a Speech and Language Pathologist while running her Spatty business for a few years. Cheryl now works full-time running Spatty.
Cheryl has always been a problem-solver, and when she got annoyed by not being able to access the product at the bottom of her expensive bottles of makeup and lotion, she came up with a solution. That solution was Spatty. After creating the perfect tool for her dilemma to get every last drop of her foundation she decided that the same tool, only bigger, could be used in the kitchen, garage, and throughout the home, so the Spatty family of tools was born. There is a Spatty for every need (Beauty, Kitchen, Crafting, Home/Auto).
Spatty has been featured on Shark Tank, Good Morning America, The View, Dr. Oz The Good Life, Glamour, Allure, Women’s World, Buzz Feed, Forbes, and many others! Cheryl made a deal with Daymond John on Shark Tank on a never seen episode! Daymond and his team have been amazing people to work with!
Cheryl has revolutionized the spatula industry selling Spatties in Walmart, CVS, Albertson’s, Giant Eagle, Bed Bath and Beyond, and others. The Spatty is the number one selling spatula on Amazon. Over 1.3 million Spatties sold! Spatty is quickly becoming a staple item in everyone’s homes. When Cheryl is not working on Spatty she loves to spend time with her husband and two young daughters!